Sign up below to be added to our mailing list for the latest news updates, access to exclusive contents, and more!
1. Tournament will be held on Saturday, May 5th 2018. This is a one-day tournament. In case of unfishable weather, the tournament will be called off and the guaranteed prize money will be given away through random drawings of legally registered participants that entered online at k923orlando.com and through late registration at Captain’s Party Friday, May 4th 2018 and must have been assigned a boat number at the Captain’s Party. All winners and contestants must be present prior to the start of awards ceremony to be eligible to win prizes. The awards ceremony will start immediately after weigh-in closes and results are tabulated.
2. Tournament is open to ALL Saltwater-fishing enthusiasts. Recreation bag limits apply. All anglers are responsible for meeting all Federal and State regulations on size minimums and bag limits on all species. All fish entered in the Tournament must be caught on hook and line on the day of the tournament, after 6am on May 5 2018.
4. We do not care where you launch from as long as you check in at the Captain’s Party Friday, May 4th from 6:00pm-9:00 pm, receive a boat number and are in line Saturday by 4:00pm in Port Canaveral. If you are weighing a fish you must return to Port Canaveral by boat and pass by the Committee boat with your boat number. Fishing territory is limited to 50 miles off Port Canaveral. Locks open at 6:00am.
5. No lines in the water prior to 6:00am. (Catching bait prior to 6:00am is allowed.)
6. Weigh-in will begin at 2:00pm. (If you do not have a fish to weigh-in you do not need to check-in.) All fish to be entered must be brought to Rusty’s on the boat on which they were caught, BY WATER, and MUST be at the weigh station or IN LINE before 4:00pm to be eligible. The dock in back of Rusty’s is the designated drop off (no docking please). Fish will only be accepted from this point for weigh-in; a crew member must carry fish to scale. Boat number assigned at Captain’s Party must be included when weighing in fish.
7. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to test for freshness any suspect fish submitted for weigh-in. All decisions of the Tournament Committee are final and cannot be challenged.
8. All anglers are responsible for their own safety and determining if the tournament will take place as specified before they depart. Details on checking status of tournament will be discussed at the Captain’s Party.
9. In the event of a tie the angler who weighed in their fish first will be declared the winner.
10. All participants presenting entries for prize consideration agree to consent to a lie detector test if so requested by the tournament committee. All fish weighed will be marked, notched upon reaching the scale and time of weigh in noted.
11. The Captain’s Party will be held at the Exploration Tower, Port Canaveral – 6:00pm-9:00 pm, Friday, May 4thh. Attendance at the Captain’s Party is Mandatory.
12. Minimum weights shall be as follows: Wahoo: 15lbs; Dolphin: 15lbs; Amberjack: 15lbs; Grouper 15lbs, King Mackerel: 15lbs. Cobia: Legal minimum applies.
13. All participants in the tournament enter at their own risk. Cox Media Group Inc. & Blue Marlin Real Estate, Blue Marlin Boutique Real Estate LLC, CPNC Cocoa Beach LLC, Saltwater Classic Inc. and/or all of its officials and members and Tournament Headquarters as well as all tournament sponsors shall be exempt from any liability for loss, damage, negligence, harm or injury suffered by any participants, entrants, boat captains, crew members, vessels, equipment or property which may occur during the tournament.
14. Please NO WAKE in Canaveral Harbor. Anglers are cautioned to allow sufficient time to proceed from the Harbor to the weigh-in station at idle speed. Violations will result in disqualification.
15. In the event a boat fails to make the 4:00pm IN LINE deadline for any reason, it will be considered disqualified from the tournament.
Prizes: 1st 2nd 3rd
Wahoo $1000 $500 $250
Dolphin $1000 $500 $250
King Mackerel $1000 $500 $250
Amberjack $1000 $500 $250
Cobia $1000 $500 $250
Grouper $1000 $500 $250
Tripletail $500 (1st place only)
Junior Angler $250 (1st Place Only-Must be 14 years of age or younger)
Lady Angler $500 (1st Place Only)
Big Fish $2,500 Guaranteed Payout for the Single Heaviest Fish
($50 Entry for Big Fish Category)
Prize monies will be issued in the name of the boat captain. Boat Captain will be required to complete a W-9 in order to receive prize monies and will be responsible for appropriate taxes.
Requisite qualifications for Prize Award:
• Fish must be caught by an official entrant (who must be an eligible contestant) in the Fishing Tournament during the Promotion dates and times.
• In case of a tie, the first fish weighed will be eligible for prize.
• All prize winners agree to consent to a lie detector test if so requested by the Tournament committee.