K92.3 WWKA’s Orlando No Bummer Summer Contest
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the K92.3 WWKA's Orlando No Bummer Summer Contest (the "Contest") is open to (i) legal Florida residents of Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Brevard, Lake, or Volusia Counties; and (ii) who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Radio, Inc. d/b/a Cox Media Group Orlando ("Sponsor"), Cox Media Group, LLC, Terrier Media Buyer, Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, prize providers, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term "family members" includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Contest or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Contest event.
- How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on Monday, June 22, 2020 and end at 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, August 2, 2020 (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
There are two (3) components to the Contest:
- On-Air Contest
- Social Media Qualifying Entry
- Finalist Grand Prize Drawing
On-Air:K92.3 (the "Station") will hold on-air giveaways once every weekday from June 22 through August 2, 2020 during the Sweepstakes Period.
Enter by listening to K92.3 WWKA-FM (the “Station”) each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period at 8:00AM for the announcement of a specific song to listen for that day. The song will play sometime between 8:00AM and 7:00PM that same day which is the cue to call (the “Cue”). When you hear the Cue, call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line at 844-254-9232 (the “Sweepstakes Line”) to try to be the ninth caller. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the ninth person to call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be designated a potential daily winner (each, a “Daily Winner”). The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects. One Daily Winner will be selected each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period, for a maximum total of five (5) Winners a week. The Daily Winner will receive the Qualifying Prize and qualify for the Grand Prize.
You may enter the Weekday Cue-to-Call as often as you like, but may only be selected as the winner once.
Entry into the Weekday Cue-to-Call shall be deemed consent to record any telephone conversation between a potential winner and Sponsor. Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering the Sweepstakes, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Sweepstakes Rules.
In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to a Sweepstakes Line or for a participant’s failure to reach a Sweepstakes Line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service to Sponsor during call-in period of a Sweepstakes prior to accepting the correct caller, or a change in programming that results in Sponsor’s inability to air call-in opportunity, Sponsor will not replay the affected call-in opportunity and the number of prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes will be reduced accordingly. If the correct caller is ineligible, or fails to comply with any term of condition of these Official Rules, that caller will be disqualified, and Sponsor will resume the call-in opportunity and declare the next caller a winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
Telephone calls will be taken by Sweepstakes operators in the order they are received, and the operators will count the number of calls received after each on-air Sweepstakes cue to call to determine the correct caller. The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects.
In the event a caller gets disconnected for any reason before being declared a winner, Sponsor may resume the call-in opportunity affected and declare the next caller a winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will not be responsible for dropped calls from mobile devices or land lines and dropped calls may result in a potential winner’s disqualification and forfeiture of all interest in any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
Any winning entrant must be the same person who originally dialed the phone to the radio station to the radio station to participate in a Sweepstakes. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Sweepstakes on another person's behalf. An entrant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid Florida driver’s license or Florida state-issued ID (or other proof of Florida residency, such as a copy of a utility bill). If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes and be ineligible to win any prize.
Social Media: For another chance to win, tag @K923Orlando and use the "#K923NoBS" on Summer related images on Instagram and Facebook. All entries will qualify for the Grand Prize Drawing.
Facebook, Instagram, and its affiliates have nothing to do with this promotion.
Maximum one (1) entry per person, per email address, per social media account during the Contest Period.
By entering the Contest, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Contest Rules.
Grand Prize Drawing
The thirty (30) qualifying winners from the on-air contest, as well as all social media entries on Instagram and Facebook tagging @K923Orlando and using the #K923NoBS, will be entered in the Grand Prize Drawing, and one will be selected at random to win the grand prize.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. In the event of a dispute, an Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the phone number from which the call was made. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number or other identifier automatically associated with the phone number by a wireless service provider that is responsible for assigning the same.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
By entering, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, freely assignable license to reproduce your entry and to otherwise use, exploit, copy, modify, adapt, edit, publish and display the entry in any form, manner, venue, media or technology now known or later developed for any and all purposes, including, without limitation, for purposes of commercial or trade purposes, advertising, and promotion as Sponsor and its licensees or assignees determine, without further compensation, notification, or permission. Further, by entering, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in any entry in favor of the Sponsor.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
- Entry Restrictions. Your entry (1) must be suitable for a general audience; (2) cannot contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content (all as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor); (3) cannot contain any commercial content that promotes any product(s) or service(s) other than Sponsor; (4) cannot contain any trademarks, copyrighted works or other intellectual property (other than works and intellectual property that you own, or for which you have obtained royalty-free rights for Sponsor to use in connection with this Contest (collectively, "Authorized Assets"). Any elements appearing in your entry must be entirely original, created by you, be in the public domain, or be an Authorized Asset. Use of any materials that are not original to you, not in the public domain, or that are not an Authorized Asset may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that violates the foregoing restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner Selection and Odds.
On Air Contest - Potential winners of the Weekday Cue-to-Call will be identified at the time they are determined to be the ninth caller, as noted above.
Social Media Contest – All eligible submissions following the criteria above during the Contest Period will be selected as potential finalist winners (each, a "Finalist") by a committee of qualified judges, as selected in Sponsor's sole discretion, based on the following criteria ("Criteria"): clarity and composition, compelling nature of the story, images submitted.
Grand Prize Drawing – On or about August 3rd, 2020, Sponsor will conduct one (1) random drawing from among the eligible Finalist winners and select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner.
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received and the order in which calls are received.
- Prize Description. Qualifying prizes will vary by week and are subject to change based on sponsorship and availability. The qualifying prizes include, but are not limited to, Restaurant or Retail gift cards, and summer related merchandise with a total approximate retail value ("ARV") of $100. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, grand prizing will be awarded as follows (with Approximate retail values "ARV" listed)
- Grand Prize
- Certificate to purchase a pair of boots from Boot Factory Outlet (ARV: $299.99)
- (2) Tickets to Kenny Chesney Chillaxification Tour in 2021 (ARV: $200)
- (1) Hotel stay at Tradewinds Island Resort in St. Petersburg, FL (ARV: $300)
Limit: One (1) prize ("Prize") per person and per household.
Some restrictions may apply. Gift card issuer(s) determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Gift card subject to terms and conditions of gift card issuer(s). Winners must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value. Any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses are included in the prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. Finalist winners will be notified on or about the day such Finalists are selected, and Grand Prize winner will be notified on or about August 3rd, 2020, each at the telephone number or email provided on such potential winner's entry.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within first notice or attempted notice with written deadline.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor's offices at 4192 North John Young Parkway, Orlando FL 32804 within forty-eight (48) hours after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. EST and 5:00 p.m. EST, weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within (48) hours of notification and a written commitment to be awarded the prizing.
Sponsor's inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of winner and his/her guest to travel within the time period specified by Sponsor, and/or a potential winner's failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, result in the potential winner's disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by based upon random selection. Sponsor will select up to one (1) alternate potential winners, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Publicity Release. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC, TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
- Indemnification. If Sponsor's use of your entry causes Sponsor to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) which the Released Parties (or any one of them) may incur as a result of the use of your entry.
- Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES, FACEBOOK, INC., AND INSTAGRAM, INC., FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
- Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Contest, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided "as is" and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT'S participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize based upon random selection.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsor. K92.3 No Bummer Summer is sponsored by Cox Radio, Inc. d/b/a Cox Media Group Orlando. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after August 3rd, 2020) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.K923Orlando.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable) K92.3 No Bummer Summer, 4192 North John Young Parkway, Orlando, FL 32804. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please call 321-281-2000 for more information.